• Even if you are sending us a fully written article, please write us a pitch in the body of an email.
• Your pitch should be no more than 200-250 words and set out clearly what you want the article to be about (please include relevant hyperlinks for reference).
• Within our sections we commission articles such as opinion pieces relating to music and society/current affairs/the impact on the individual, as well as reviews. We are typically interested in opinion pieces on the sociopolitical impact of music (read our mission statement here), but we also value unique voices so if you have something to say or a review you’re dying to write, don’t hesitate to get in touch
• Especially when it comes to opinion pieces, we will need evidence of your writing skills. This could be in the form of a previous blog post or a piece written for work, we need to see the impact of your words!
• Once your pitch is ready, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.
• The subject line should be “PITCH: ” and then your proposed headline.
• Once we have received your pitch we will aim to look over it and reply as soon as we can. If you haven’t received a response in a couple of weeks do follow up with us.
• If we accept your pitch we’ll give you a submission deadline, some advice and ideas on how we’d like to see the piece and a word count. We work with writers to develop their writing style and voice so we make sure the writers are able to benefit, not just us.
• We expect all work to be fully fact-checked, accurate, original and not containing plagiarism.
• We will promote your article on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as best we can.
Send us your pitches!